This was actually a really fun, albeit challenging, exercise. I’ve had some incredible experiences so far, and I can’t wait to see what this list looks like in 5 years, 10 years, 20 years, etc.
So, here are some of the things that have made me me.
1. I met the love of my life in a dive bar. Five months later, we moved in together. Three years after that, we got married in Key West.
2. We made this.
3. I’ve seen nearly every musician on my bucket list (Wilco, Paul McCartney, Bon Jovi, Elton John, Billy Joel, Kings of Leon, Radiohead, The Rolling Stones, Madonna, Paul Simon, The Grateful Dead, Bob Dylan, Eric Clapton, Phish) and most of them I’ve seen multiple times.
4. I’ve met two presidents of the United States (Clinton and H.W. Bush) and I’ve been in the same room as another (W.).
5. I’ve been to the Super Bowl only one less time than the Eagles.
6. I watched my Phillies play in the World Series with an 8-month-old attached to me the whole time. Sometimes she was in her Baby Bjorn, the rest of the time she was nursing. In the stands. So yep, I also breastfed at the World Series. Know what I learned? Babies hate cowbells. And drunks love babies.
7. I saw a Grammy Award-winning act in concert just before they had to give their Grammy back. Can you name that group? Just blame it on the rain.
8. I’ve woken up to monkeys frolicking on my porch in a Costa Rican jungle.
9. I got engaged in Napa after the week of our lives.
10. I lived in London (for a semester) and criss-crossed Europe every weekend with my five best friends.
11. I was drunkenly accosted by a gold medal-winning international hockey superstar as I covered the Winter Olympics. And my friends cheered him on.
12. I’ve been to Disney World more times than I count and I still get a thrill when I walk down Main Street USA.
13. Once upon a time, I worked at a major television network and met everyone from Sean Connery to Placido Domingo to Ben Affleck. Yet I wouldn’t trade my current life for the world.
14. I’ve found a job that brings me deep personal satisfaction and I get up every day, excited to get to work.
15. I watched my grandmother take her final breaths and it was perhaps the most poignant moment of my life.
16. I’ve ridden horses on tropical islands, through the lush mountains of Pennsylvania and across barren American deserts.
17. Since leaving home for college, I’ve lived with 29 different roommates in seven places (including my final stop, DadJovi in our current home) across three states and the District of Columbia (stole this idea from Vinobaby. Man, that was hard to count! I’m sure I’ve forgotten at least one person).
18. I almost convinced Josh Hartnett that I was the love of his life … twice.
19. I drank amazing wines in Paris on my 21st birthday and saw my favorite musician (Jeff Tweedy) and drank Hurricanes and ate beignets in New Orleans on my 30th birthday. 40 better bring it.
20. I’ve seen musicals on Broadway and about a dozen plays and musicals in London (see item 10).
21. I’ve been to the Grand Canyon.
22. I’ve been to the place where the sunrise first hits the U.S. (Cadillac Mountain, Maine) and watched it set over the Hawaiian islands.
What are some of the things that you’ve done that mean the most to you? What are some of your funniest memories? And do you think I stood a chance with Josh?